The SAT Report on College and Career Readiness is attached.
- Participation rates are at an all-time high and was the most diverse
- Test scores are down
- Approximately 1.66 million students took the SAT
- 52 % of the Class of 2012 up 6% from 2008
- 45 % minority students (up from 38 percent in 2008)
- 28% reported that English was not their exclusive first language (up four percentage points from 2008)
- 36 % reported that their parents’ highest level of education was a high school diploma or less.
The SAT has 3 sections: Critical Reading, Mathematics and Writing. Each section is scored from 200 to 800. A perfect score is 2400.
The mean subject scores:
Critical reading = 496 (down four points from 2008—and down a whopping thirty-four points from 1972)
Math = 514 in math (consistent since 2008 but down from a peak of 520 in 2005)
Writing = 488 (down five points from 2008 peak )